You wake up one morning with tingling sensation on your lips and when you look at the mirror, it's confirmed, another cold sore outbreak to irritate you for a few days or worst few weeks. This means that you will try your best to be out of the circulation or avoid socializing for a few weeks due to this cold sore outbreak, unless you know a quick and easy way to tie a cold sore.
Cold sores are blisters that commonly appear on the external edges of the mouth, on the lips and nose caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 (HSV-1). These are painful blisters that may last a few days or weeks and highly contagious. If the cold sore is not bothersome, some people let the virus take its course and leave the cold sore alone to heal on its own. Unfortunately, most of the time cold sore is annoying due to its ugly appearance, pains and discomforts. These are the reasons why sufferers tend to find ways to tie a cold sore.
Here are some ways to tie a cold sore:
- Aloe vera plant helps relieve a cold sore. Known for its healing properties on skin diseases, aloe vera plant is an alternative remedy for herpes simplex viruses or commonly known as cold sore. It assists in wound healing. Application of aloe vera balm 3x a day on the affected area will help relieve a cold sore.
- Vitamin supplements. Taking Vitamin C at first sign of outbreak helps relieve a cold sore. Direct application of Vitamin E on the sore area relieves a cold sore pain.
- Eat a well balanced and healthy diet. Avoid processed foods, sugar, alcohol and caffeine. Eat foods with high lysine levels like vegetables, fish and chicken.
- OTC or over the counter medicines and creams. Although there are side effects, over the counter medicines can help ease the pains and temporarily treat a cold sore.
- Some find it effective to use a warm tea bag on the affected area to help give a cold sore. Put the warm tea bag on your cold sore for 30 minutes, tannic acid of the tea has antivirus properties to help cure a cold sore.
Although you can treat a cold sore, it is best to find the best permanent treatment for cold sore. Cold sore is not only contagious but it also has high tenders to come back or recur on the same spot. It is important to stop cold sore at the root of the problem, instead of just masking the symptoms.